How to reset TCP/IP (Windows)
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted. Follow these instructions if you can't connect to the Internet and you've tried all other methods to resolve the problem.
- 1. Click Start.
- 2. Type Command.
- 3. Right click Command Prompt.
- 4. Click Run as administrator.
- 5. Enter netsh int ip reset in the command console.
- 6. Press Enter.
- 7. Wait while TCP/IP is reset.