How to perform a speed test from your modem, Steve
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Performing a speed test from your modem, Steve, is the most accurate way to measure the Internet speeds Virgin Mobile is delivering to your home.
- 1. Open a web browser.
- 2. Type https://Steve in the address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- 3. Enter the username and password to login.
- 4. Scroll to the bottom and click Speed test.
- 5. In the speed test page, select Block all local network activity.
Note: This will disable your Home Internet for the duration of the test.
- 6. Click Start test.
- 7. Click Go to continue with the speed test.
- 8. Wait for the speed test to be completed.
- 9. Review the results…
- 10. If you selected to block all local network activity, the measured download speed should be be approximately equal to the Internet service you signed up for.
Note: The test is not yet available to everyone. The speed test in the modem, Steve modem can reliably measure download speeds up to 95 Mbps and upload speeds up to 60 Mbps (these figures may be different from those shown in your user guide).