How to configure the primary Wi-Fi network on my Steve modem (basic)
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Connecting to your primary Wi-Fi network gives you access to the Internet, Steve‘s settings and shared network devices (such as storage and printers).
- 1. Open a web browser.
- 2. Type https://Steve in the address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- 3. Enter the username and password to login.
- 4. Click on the Wi-Fi settings button.
- 5. Ensure you are on the Primary tab.
- 6. Set your Primary Wi-Fi network to the ON (or OFF) position near the top of the screen.
When the primary network is ON, you can also turn on or off the individual bands (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz).
- 7. If you want, you can change the network name and password to something easier to remember.
- 8. Ensure Keep a common network name (SSID) and password is checked, unless you were advised otherwise by a technician.
- 9. Click the Save button to save your changes.
- You will need to use this network name and password when connecting Wi-Fi devices to your network.